Friday 26 July 2013

Workout Blog: Day 7

Good afternoon!

So, if you've been following - you'd know that today should be Day 9. However, I missed Tuesday and Thursday this week. Tuesdays because, I never ever feel like going on that day for some reason... weird, I know. Yesterday, I skipped because my cousin kept telling me that I should wait for her all day to go to the gym, and she never ended up showing.

Anyways, so enough excuses. Today is Day 7 of gyming. I definitely don't see any noticeable difference yet in my actual body other than the fact that I'm craving more and more food. I'm not craving junk food - but I'm just craving bigger quantities of food. I expected this to happen, but not so drastically. I'm not one to quote a Drake song, but you know that song, "Headlines"? He says, "money over everything, money on my mind." This is what goes through my head:

"Food over everything. Food on my mind."


That being said, I've been controlling myself quite well for the most part though. I eat only when I'm supposed to, and not when I'm bored or feel like eating food.

For the past two workouts, I've been running in intervals. I've been going for 40-45 minutes, and that usually lets me do an overall distance of 5.0-5.4 km depending on how long I walk initially to warm up. Usually, it ends up being somewhere in between the two.

Another thing that I've noticed is that I'm wheezing less and less. So, I'm assuming that it's becoming easier for me to run for longer distances at a time. Which is great considering I used to hate running, and wait anxiously for my time on the treadmill to hit a certain number. Even back in tennis, I used to loathe running and especially those forsaken suicides that they made us do during conditioning. Now, the only reason I look forward to the gym now is to be able to run even more than the day before. What a 180, right?

High-wise, I've been feeling great afterwards. Especially, since the weather has been behaving this week and it's not ugly and gloomy anymore. I feel like because I just said that I'm going to jinx it though. There is a nice breeze, the sun is not overly hot or shining. I can't complain.

I had muesli with a banana in the morning (as always). I feel like McDreamy from Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy where he goes over to Meredith's house and they make fun of him for always eating it for breakfast. I had two rotis, and some spinach dal in the afternoon to get in that nice protein and complex carbohydrates. As my snack, I had two cups of fresh watermelon, and two ounces of freshly-squeezed sweet lime juice. I'm not quite sure about what I should be whipping up for dinner. I had stuffed pita (with lemon-cilantro chicken, tomatoes, and sauteed onions and green peppers) last night for dinner. I need to learn how to make tzatziki sauce for next time I make it - I got to find dill! It's impossible to find some herbs here in Indian markets - even in the farmer's market. But, I'll keep checking - because I seriously love that sauce.

Until next time,
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment