Friday 19 July 2013

Friday Night Out: Sangeeth

So tonight was interesting. The whole day was interesting, actually.

I got up early and went to the gym (of course), and I actually worked quite hard this morning to the point that I started sweating in actual waterfalls.

We went across town and were running late the whole day, and it didn't help that my cousin has a mane for hair -- she needed the whole thing straightened at the salon after going to laser.

Oh! I got laser done too, for the first time. It, interestingly enough, felt quite good.


We had exactly 12 mintues after getting home to get ready. So, this is going to sound a little funny, but I actually did a full face of makeup in the car. My cousin and I were doing our foundation, eyeliner and everything in the back of the car as the driver was driving to the resort where the party was because we had a good 20-30 minutes before we actually arrived there. If you've ever seen those "No Mirror Make-up Challenge" videos on YouTube, then you'll know how disastrous doing your own makeup without a mirror can be. Now let me tell you, it's a lot worse when you don't have a mirror AND you're doing it in the back of a moving car on an extremely bumpy road. We somehow managed, and we looked like we actually used a mirror. That's some skill right there. Of course, we were helping each other out here and there.



We got there in one piece, and the resort was beautiful. Seriously though, everyone was staring at us. I'm not saying that in a conceited way by any means. But, when you come from a state in India where everyone else is significantly darker than you - you're definitely going to get lots of stares because being "fair" here is such an accomplishment since it's uncommon.

Our seating area
It was nice and was kind of boring at times because everyone just sat around for the most part. It was uneventful until one specific person came up to us. Let's just say, she didn't seem very nice. She told my cousin that she didn't recognize her at all, and I introduced myself to her. The whole party, her eyes were glued to us. She would glance, whisper something to the girl next to her. Glance, then, whisper. Repeated over and over again. I don't enjoy judgmental people, and I was hungry so I dragged my cousin to the food place. We had snacks, and then realized the dinner area was inside.

I'm not going to lie, I pigged out because there was Mediterranean food towards the beginning - and if you know anything about me, you'll know that I absolutely die for it.

Pita chips with hummus, fatoush, baba ganoush, tabouleh and chaat (definitely not Mediterranean)
There was also yummy desserts, and of course - if there's Indian sweets, I'm totally in! They're so delicious, I can't even describe in words how much I love them. But, I'm sure my tastebuds are doing the Irish jig every time I have Indian sweets.

The highlight of the night would have to be all the cute children and babies dressed in miniature Indian clothes for sure. I had way too many cuteness overloads tonight. It's too good to be true.

We came home just now, so... I guess I'm going to shower and hit the hay. That was such a long post. I wonder if anyone actually made it through it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment