Saturday 17 May 2014

REVIEW: Biotique - Bio Winter Green Spot Correcting Cream



 Biotique Botanicals Bio Winter Green Spot Correcting Anti-Acne Cream (For Oily & Acne Prone Skin)

As you can tell by the enormous name for this product, it definitely is like none other. Although it does work, it takes quite a bit of patience. 

Let me give you a little background on this product. After vacationing in January with my cousin up in the beaches in the northern part of the state - we both came back with dry, flakey skin with lots of breakouts and horrendous sunburns. We were at our grandparents' house, and were bored out of our minds. So, my cousin was telling me how she wanted to buy almond oil for her face because she read somewhere that it helped with acne scarring. So, we proceeding to go to the mall and went to this big supermarket/drugstore there (yes, our malls have supermarkets). We went to the skincare section and it was quite overwhelming actually. So many products ranging from all chemicals to all natural. We were browsing for a while (of course), and I stumbled upon this magical little tub.

You may notice on the packaging that it says "ayurvedic." Essentially, all it means is this product is all natural, which is always an eye-catcher. Generally, ayurveda refers to "alternative medicine." Which, generally refers to natural remedies concocted by ancient Hindu doctors a very long time ago. 

To further explain, the packaging provides this little description:
"An extraordinary combination of ancient/modern therapies and sciences that balance the wonders of nature to support a healthy well-being and spiritual bliss in your life."
It contains:
Berberis aristata - 1.5%, Euphorbia thymifolia - 2.2%, Gultheria fragrantissima - 1.0%, Neem - 2.0%, Cream Base Q.S.  
So, obviously, my cousin and I were sold by this point, and both purchased it. Something noteworthy from these ingredients is neem. Neem has healing, and calming properties. It's a great agent to use for hair growth on your hair (although, I'm still struggling to find neem oil here), and it's great for clearing up any acne or scarring.

I came home and I tried it immediately. It appears a creamy white textured lotion in the tub, however, it applies clear. I hate using my fingers for applying spot treatments on my face, so I used a Q-tip. I covered the head of the bud in the product and gently applied it over the regions of active breakouts. 

The first thing that caught my attention was the smell. It smelled like Zandu Balm! Zandu Balm is also an ayurvedic clear balm which you apply to your forehead to relieve headaches. 

I've been using this spot correcting cream on and off a few times a week since January, and my acne has dramatically decreased, along with my scarring! Some of my friends even mention how my skin was looking much better. However, it is worth mentioning that it does not prevent acne. It does not work miracles and unclog your pores, or prevent sebum from collecting. It just calms the spots on your face that are already there.

It's definitely worth the Rs. 300 that I paid for it! Great skin for me has no price tag.

Take care,
Kata
xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment